Microsoft Office for Mac is a powerful software suite that can take your documents, spreadsheets, and presentations to the next level in terms of appearance and professionalism. However, there are always things that can be done to improve a tool as good as Office. Here are a couple of tips to help you improve your user experience when dealing with a couple of common sources of frustration.
These days it really seems like the 26-letter English alphabet is not quite enough to always convey our thoughts or emotions when we are writing. Luckily, you can actually insert special characters or symbols into your Office for Mac documents quite easily.
1. Place the insertion point at the exact location in the document where you want to insert your special character or symbol
2. Click “Insert” on the menu, then point the cursor to “Symbol”. Next, click on Symbol Browser to bring up the Symbol Browser box with your choices.
3. You have a couple of options here. You can click on the drop-down list, and then choose the category for whichever symbol you want to use, or you can “Select All Symbols” from the list that comes up.
4. Then just click on the symbol you want to use and insert it into your document. The program will place your desired symbol at the insertion point you indicated in the document.
It’s as simple as that! Now you are ready to broaden your communicating horizons now that you have learned the wealth of special symbols at your disposal.
If you feel a little out of place in your office because you do work that is better done on a Mac and everyone else is operating a Windows PC, don’t worry. There are some simple steps that you can take to make your UI look more like that of your co-workers. You can make the simple changes in Excel and Word.
1. The first thing you want to do is close the “Toolbox Palette.”
2. Click on “View” and then click on “Toolbars”, where you will see multiple different toolbars from which you can choose. You are presented with a lot of choices, but in order to end up with a layout that is most similar to the UI of Microsoft Word on a Windows computer, you will want to choose the “standard” toolbar and the “formatting” toolbar.
Making this change can help to improve your workflow if you work in an office dominated by PC’s running Microsoft Office on Windows rather than on Macs. Microsoft Office dominates the professional landscape due to its ease of use and wealth of functionalities. It has the power to take all of your documents, spreadsheets, and presentations from amateur to professional with just a few clicks. You can enjoy substantial savings on this outstanding software group when you use promo codes. Simply enter in your promo code when prompted when you are shopping and see your savings applied. Don’t hold yourself or your business back by continuing to use inferior tools.